The Valentine’s Day gift you choose for your significant other says a lot about how you value your relationship. This year, put a little extra effort into this special day and come up with a unique Valentine’s idea.
I am often the “go-to guide” when it comes to deciding what to do on dates; so when Valentine’s Day rolls around I am inundated with calls from clients requesting suggestions and ideas. I believe that the best Valentine’s events and/or gifts are usually the ones that are thoughtful and personalized…and they do not have to be expensive.
Here are 10 Creative Ways you can Express Your Love–This Valentine’s Day….
· Create your own Valentine’s Day card. Be creative and compose a poem or an expression of love that states your feelings. S/He will be emotionally touched by this. Follow it up with popping open a great bottle of wine or champagne!
· Make a CD of your favorite songs as a couple including love songs that have meaning to you both. Buy some romantic CDs, classic videos or DVDs and wrap them all together with red ribbon.· Create a Video reel of live footage and still photography and add your favorite songs. You can create a simple video by purchasing video editor software on to your computer. With today’s technology this is easy and cheap to do.· If video editing is too complicated, than buy an Electronic Picture Frame and put your best photos as a couple in to it. This is a perfect gift to remind your beloved that they are special.· Jewelry is always a favorite. Custom engrave selected items: For the Lady in your life ~ buy a heart-shaped locket and put your picture in it. Personalize the locket with your loved one’s initials so she’ll have something to wear that’s hers alone. For the man in your life ~ a good choice is the classic sterling silver bill holder, card case or cuff links with his initials custom-engraved.
· Prepare your loved one’s favorite dinner and serve it on a romantically set table and dine by candlelight on Valentine’s Day. For the sweetheart with a sweet tooth, make a decadent dessert such as a chocolate fondue with melted chocolate mixed with a touch of heavy cream, and serve it with fruit or cookies.
· Give the love of your life a personalized gift for his/her favorite sport, (if s/he has a passion for it). Order personalized golf or tennis balls that say, “I love you,” “You’re a hit!” or “Be mine.” Other ideas are monogrammed workout towels, tote bags, yoga mats, etc.
· Create a “recollection collection” filled with love letters, keepsakes from special occasions, and cherished mementos. You can buy a simple plastic box and place these favorite items in this container. And more importantly you can add more items as your relationship grows over time.· Make a Love Basket filled with items that cover all the senses: Sight, Hearing, Taste, Touch, and Smell. Be creative with each gift that fits each category (i.e. a sexy picture of yourself for Sight, delectable sweets for Taste, their favorite fragrance for Smell, etc).
· The gift of togetherness is precious, given today’s busy lifestyles. Plan a romantic, surprise weekend travel getaway. Whether it be a cozy Inn by the ocean or a little cabin in the woods. Make it romantic! How booking a day at the spa? Schedule dual massages and a day to relax and enjoy each other.