Often times, our body language speaks louder than our words when dating. That is why you should pay close attention to the signals you’re picking up from your date as well as the actions you are consciously and unconsciously giving out.
Did you know that the most effective flirting techniques are happening through body language? It’s been proven that about 55 % of flirting is done through body language, while only 38% is through the inflection of voice, and 7 percent through words. Isn’t that interesting?
Nonverbal signals are part of communication, and they are accompanied by spoken words or not; it’s just simple human interaction that we have with others when we’re communicating.
So the next time you’re out on a date, try to pay attention to how you’re feeling and what you’re thinking ~ and try to notice what the other person’s body language reveals about their thoughts and intentions towards you.
Here are some good body language techniques that we would encourage while on a date:
Good Body Language on Dates
• Be comfortable and natural in your posture and position
• Make sure your attention is focused on your date – and not everywhere else
• Mirror the other person (Demonstrate that you are getting along and feeling a connection)
• Listen attentively to what they say (sometimes their over sharing & lack of filters actually will tell you more about what you need to know about them)
• Be respectful with any touching
And here are some of the positive as well as the negative body language indicators between women and men that you can identify with while dating:
Positive Body Language Indicators
• It’s all in the eyes, the way she looks at you speaks volumes (look for desire, longing, enticement, interest).
• Her hands are doing something to bring attention to her such as playing with her hair, massaging her neck.
• She’ll be tilting her head to show she’s listening attentively.
• She’ll be seated comfortably with good posture – with head, torso and feet all facing you.
• She’ll continuously cross and uncross her legs – see if her feet point inward towards you.
• She’ll be smiling & laughing with you and emulating positive energy.
• Do you notice flared nostrils? In the right context this may be a signal that she is ready and willing to get physical with you and sign she may want to be kissed.
• He shows great posture, and his position is open without arms crossed.
• He’ll show good eye contact and isn’t distracted by people or other sources around you.
• He will open his eyes wider, and raise his eyebrows with animation.
• He will inch closer and closer to you, proximity increases intimacy and shows he’s really into you.
• He will gently touch your hands, arm, or back.
• He’ll be smiling & laughing with you.